Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So this is what I know

I don't know much. I'm not sure of a lot of things. So this is what I know ...
My husband is the center of my universe, the calm in my storm. He's the person who makes me a better person. Without him, I'm not whole. Without him, our family isn't complete.
What I know is that I love him unconditionally.
Driving to Bloomington Hospital Tuesday afternoon, tears streaming down my face, I tried to explain this to God, as if he didn't already know. After diligently making necessary phone calls to work through my husband's workplace accident, I spent the rest of the drive praying.
I have a lot of questions about faith, religion and God. I've been told this is normal, so I seek for His answers and try to work toward increased faith. It's a journey.
But what I also know is that on Tuesday, just before leaving Bedford to follow the ambulance to Bloomington, I asked for prayers via Facebook. Not my usual practice, but I sought solace.
And on my drive to Bloomington, I prayed fast and furiously, asking for God to place his loving, comforting arms around my hurt hubby.
And when I arrived in Bloomington and found my soulmate in the emergency room, he was noticeably better.
Coincidence?
Unbelievers may think so.
But I believe differently.
I know that he was one sick, disoriented man when he left Bedford. Many prayers were lifted up for his healing. Thirty minutes later, he was much better.
That's no coincidence. I do know that much.


1 comment: