Monday, August 1, 2011

Where's my tape recorder?


Oh how Alex makes me laugh ...

At 5 years old, he's trying to be big. He wants to hang with the big guys, but he's still so young.

So to compensate, he uses big phrases in completely inappropriate situations. When he uses those big sayings in appropriate situations, it's even funnier.

Take our back-to-school shopping experience last week. I was showing him lunchboxes, letting him pick one out when he announced, "These are all totally lame." I laughed throughout the store ... He was kind of right.

(Oh, and that picture is of Alex on Lake Monroe. He told us he was "Alex Soup." He does look like he's in a soup bowl.)

Or when I asked him if he was going to get a girlfriend in kindergarten, and he replied, "Only if she's hot."

When he got his haircut Friday night, I told him he looked very handsome. His response was to shake his bottom, wink and say, "Boom, boom shaka laka."

Sitting in the bathtub with Emery last night, he had Emery laughing hysterically. Alex was dumping water on his own head and making silly noises. Emery was giggling to no end when Alex announced, "This is how I roll, Emis." I almost fell over ...

On our way to dropping Jacob off at church camp on Sunday, he found a ping-pong ball in his cup holder. He pulled that ball out and said, "Hmmm, what do you know ... I found a ball."

And when I made him chocolate milk last night, he asked me, "Make it with extra love, Mom." I obliged and kissed the top of the sippy cup.

It's a phrase a minute with that little guy. The world is his stage, and he's more than happy to entertain.

He hears things from his big brothers and tries to use what they say. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. More often than not, he leaves me laughing and shaking my head.

I write them down as he says them, but I almost can't keep up. I sure love that little guy and appreciate each and every giggle he gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment