Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm sorry for not resisting ...

This engagement announcement was printed Oct. 22 in the newspaper:

SPRINGVILLE — Carole Smith of Bedford and Charles Sproull of Springville will exchange vows at 2 p.m. on Oct. 22 at the Life Tabernacle Family Center in Springville.

How we met

I had been noticing a nice looking lady named Carole Smith sitting alone on the other side of the church. One evening in June 2011, our music director mentioned that Carole had written a song she was going to use for the Men’s Quartet. Then I went over and asked Carole if she would like me to compose her sheet music. She enthusiastically said, “You’re the one.”

As it turns out, she had already written about 15 really good gospel songs, and had been praying for God to send her a man to help her compose music, and I was the answer to her prayer.

Also, I had been praying for God to give me a woman who loved music, who would sing with me and whom I could harmonize with, and who was good at domestic things and gardening.

Several days later I had this amusing conversation with God: He said “I have been listening to your prayers for several years and have seen the desires of your heart.

I have searched all over southern Indiana, and here is my gift to you containing all the things you asked for. Even though the container is bigger than what you expected, what are you going to do with my gift?”

And I said, “Marry her.”

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that he's either dead, or single again.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!! I have showed all my kids this; it's on my refrigerator!! I was going to ask you the other day if it was your all time fav announcement!!!

    ReplyDelete