Friday, August 14, 2009

Marking my soul


Divorce is hard. Well, to be quite frank, it was downright awful. When it was over, I never wanted anything to do with marriage ever again. Most likely, I feared it would end in divorce -- just like the last did. Fear takes a toll on your heart and mind.

In walked Henry. His smile was contagious. His eyes were mesmerizing. His background was enchanting. I wanted to know more. I wanted to be his friend. Travel through a first date, tears, discussions and a lot of growing pains, but even more lovely minutes, and we'll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on Nov. 8.

He's an amazing man. I am glad he took my fear, wadded it up in a ball and threw it away. He's genuine, honest, loving and dedicated. When he touches me, I want to curl up in his arms and hide there forever. When he flashes a smile my way, I want to get lost in that grin that can make anyone happy again.

I found my soulmate. Of that, there's no doubt. No one gets me like Henry. No one has ever loved me the way he does. No one makes me laugh like Henry. We can do anything together and have fun. We spend time together, and thoroughly enjoy that time with each other.

He's an amazing man, and I am a lucky gal because he walked into my life that chilly February evening. The fear is gone. He's my protector, supporter, rock and true love. He accepts me for who I am. No one has ever done that. To him, I am perfect. To me, he's better than perfect.

For the first time in my life, I am truly happy with my life because of the special people, like Henry, who have marked my soul.

1 comment: